Repeater Code of Conduct
The SARA repeaters are covered by the following Code of Conduct:
1. Follow the Golden Rule – “Do to others what you want them to do to you.”
1A. Don’t be an idiot.
2. Follow key FCC regulations for repeater use. Namely ID with your callsign every 10 minutes and at the end of traffic and use your complete callsign when ID-ing
3. Yield to emergency transmissions – i.e. “break break break”
4. All casual traffic will yield to scheduled nets.
5. Use of the digital linking functions (e.g. Allstar, Echolink, etc.) will be treated identically to RF transmissions.
6. Do not use digital linking functions to connect other nets to the repeater during regularly scheduled nets and events.
7. While SARA generally respects free speech, there will be no tolerance for harassment, racism, vile language, obnoxious “band policing”, or persistent rude behavior. See Rule #1A.
Users that persistently violate these codes may be asked to not use the repeater as permitted under CFR 47 Part 97.205 (e). Persistent or egregious misuse will be pursued with the ARRL Volunteer Monitoring System and the FCC for disciplinary action.