The SARA Discussion mailing list is a general purpose mailing list open to all licensed radio amateurs and unlicensed people looking to become involved in amateur radio. The list is open to all members to post to the group. The SARA Discussion mailing list is appropriate for the following types of topics:
- Technical discussions on amateur radio and radio-related topics such as equipment, antennas, operating issues, problems, repeater operations, and experimental electronics.
- General discussions on amateur radio operations including contesting, DX, ARES, special event stations, emergency communications, etc.
- Discussion on topics of interest to the amateur radio community such as FCC business (as it relates to Part 97 rules only), ARRL business, new products, etc.
- Computer-related topics insofar as they relate at least tangentially to amateur radio such as logging software, Allstar, Echolink, etc.
- Posts about topics related to amateur radio, electronics, computers, or technology that relates to or is of interest to amateur radio communications and operators.
Language and content of this mailing list should be kept at a family-friend “PG” level. The following topics are prohibited and may result in removal from the list:
- Posting of any inappropriate, malicious, illegal, etc. content.
- Politics of any sort except for:
- Any discussions about FCC policy/rulemaking as it relates to Part 97 rules.
- Political topics directly relating to amateur radio (e.g. discussions on the Amateur Radio Parity Act in Congress would be acceptable).
- Discussion on the politics and business aspects of the ARRL or the IARU.
- Posts about topics not related to amateur radio, electronics, computers, or technology that relates to or is of interest to amateur radio communications and operators.
The above lists of appropriate and inappropriate content types are only guidelines and the moderators of the list reserve the right to remove any member of the list for any reason.
When entering your name, please enter it in the form “Firstname Lastname Callsign” – e.g. “John Doe W1AW”. This helps find users for any problems or issues. If you don’t have a callsign (yet!) please omit the callsign portion. All subscribers must confirm their subscription by replying to a check e-mail. No moderator approval is needed.