TYT MD-380/390 Codeplug
This page is the home of a basic DMR codeplug for the Tytera MD-380/390 radio. This is a minimalist codeplug that has configurations for only four repeaters in the Akron area – W8WKY (442.275), WW8TF (442.375), KE8LDH (442.5125), and KA8OAD (444.5125). Additionally, it contains a limited number of “popular” or area-appropriate Brandmeister talkgroups:
Ohio TAC 31390
Northeast Ohio 31391
US 8th Area 31608
USA Nationwide 3100
Dynamic TG Disconnect 4000
TAC310 – TAC319
PAPA 31077 (a large repeater network in Southern California)
Baynet 31075 (a repeater network based in San Francisco, home of many radio experimenters via the Hamradio Workbench Podcast community)
There are two zones per repeater in the format CALLSIGN-STD and CALLSIGN-TAC (e.g. W8WKY-STD, W8WKY-TAC). The -STD zone contains a collection of non-TAC31x talkgroups and the -TAC zone contains TAC310 to TAC319.
Each channel name is in the form REPATER/TALKGROUP/SLOT. For example “WKY/Ohio/2” would be Ohio 3139 on Timeslot 2 on W8WKY. Another example would be “8TF/Loc9/1” would be Local 9 on Timeslot 1 on WW8TF. Additionally, the W8WKY -STD zone also has REPEATER/DiscTGG/SLOT (e.g. WKY/DiscTGG/2) to disconnect all dynamic talkgroups from the numbered slot.
To use this codeplug, you must do the following:
- Download the codeplug from this site (below) and save it to a good location.
- Launch the Tytera CPS programming software for the MD-380/390
- Open the codeplug file with the software
- Enter your callsign and DMR IR as shown here
- Write the code plug to your radio. Note that this will overwrite any other existing program in your radio!!