Special Event Station
- SARA will be running a special event station the entire week of August 19th, 2017. This event is modeled after the W1AW Centennial event from 2015 Various club members will be able to use the club callsign from their own stations or portable stations to make QSO’s around the world. An online scheduling application will be used to let club members sign up to operate on the air in timeslots that work for them. To streamline QSL and certificates, the operator will need to log in a computerized logging system that has the ability to export ADIF files (which can be done by almost any of the computer-based logging packages). The operator will then upload their ADIF logs to our club website for processing. After the logs have been uploaded, any station in the log will be able to go to the club website, enter their call sign, and print or download their certificate. A big thanks go out to Jason, N8JDM for putting together software that makes this all possible. We’ll also be posting all the special event QSOs made to Logbook Of The World (LOTW) as well.
- Check out this PDF for information about the Special Event Station
- Once you’ve read the above PDF and have received your scheduling signon, you can get to the online scheduling application here.
- Printable certificates for stations that work the W8WKY Special Event Station are available here
- To cap off the week of special event operating, the club will be running two special event stations on HF from N8JDM’s QTH on the morning and afternoon of August 26th, 2017. This will give people a chance to stop in and be on the receiving end of a special event station using some nice HF gear from a great location. We’ll wrap up the event on August 26th with a club picnic at N8JDM’s QTH as well.